Thursday, June 23

Always smiling

Waiting for a taxi last night with Meghan, the sweet girl ahead of us asked me if I love being pregnant. My answer: a resounding I LOVE IT!

The first trimester was trying for both Brian and I while I was constantly exhausted and feeling nauseous. However, we are now well into the second trimester and I feel fantastic! I'm amazed at the miracle of a baby growing inside of me, loving her bumps and kicks, and cherishing my body.

At the doctor's office, we walk in and the other women are rarely smiling. I'm not sure I understand why there isn't an unspoken kinship. I want to share a knowing smile with them - a mutual understanding of the happiness only a woman whom has carried a child could know.

Much to Brian's dismay I've easily forgotten the misery that was a good chunk of my first trimester. I'm passed that and onto the nursery planning, loving the movements of our little girl, and cherishing the miracle we've made together.

So smile at little darn it...enjoy the beauty that is your body and the miracle you've been blessed with. You're belly is big so I hope your over the morning sickness, and if not, keep frowning - that was terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment