Monday, August 23

Sustainable Love.

With wedding planning done, it is time to turn focus inward and start taking care of my hubs and me. We may be a small family, but I love taking care of us.

Sustainable, local living has become increasingly more important to me - and Brian likes my enthusiasm and appreciates my focus on keeping us healthy. So I've decided to finally start concentrating on integrating local foods into our meals. By the time we have children, I would like to be eating only foods that were grown, raised, or produced with a conscious. The main reason: a healthy lifestyle for my family - to avoid the hormones and antibiotics, the pesticides and cruelty that commercial farming often passes on.

My goal not only includes food, but all products that we use. Green goods made by renewable resources from carbon neutral or limited companies also makes a difference. It's about a healthy home for my family, and a sustainable lifestyle that is good for our earth.

I'll keep you updated on how we are coming along. First up, researching the resources in our area and making connections with farmers. And hopefully soon, canning some of the delicious produce that we will only have for a short time, as the leaves are already beginning to change.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds a lot like the foods your cousin-in-law Ian sells at the Hunger Mountain Co-op in Montpelier, VT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw super great idea. Curious to see how it all turns out. Good luck lady :)

    ReplyDelete