Tuesday, August 17

Calling all brides.

Be happy. If you do nothing else on your wedding day; be happy. Don't worry whether or not everything is in the right place, or if you've forgotten something. It will all be perfect, after all, at the end of the day you will be married to the love of your life. (and if you can follow through with the other two hints - everything else will get any needed attention)

Surrond yourself with incredible people. I was overwhelmed by the excitement that surrounded our wedding. Our family and friends were abuzz about attending our wedding, how happy they were for us, and how much they were looking forward to our celebration. A big part of this was vacation time, as our wedding was a destination for all of our guests and many stayed a few days before and after. But it wasn't just about a few days off - people we really EXCITED for us to be husband and wife! I love it! (and my amazing hubby!!!) What made it even more special were the friends that shared their talent - a sweet friend was my bridal attendant (a huge help and lets you breathe deep), a new friend played his guitar for our ceremony (one of the sweetest gifts), my wonderful cousin did our ceremony reading (with love and some tears), and at a last minute request to lead Amazing Grace, three dear friends stood up and sang their hearts out for us.
{Advice: People love you, let them share their gifts on your big day - it is truly a most special gift}

Include everyone, or at least as many people as you can. This was the key to my sanity. My bridesmaids have always been amazing people and they were superstars for my wedding. We also had a ton of hands helping us make our big day - aunts baked cookies, his mom and grandma made table runners, my father cut card holders and refinished a beautiful screen, my mom did a thousand things, friends of the family cut fruit at our cabin, helped us with hair and make-up, made fabric flowers (I love this project!), and my aunt came through in a last minute request with the most beautiful sentimental something borrowed a girl could ask for. And then we overtook one of my bridesmaid's parents inn room in a whirlwind of dresses and make-up.

Many hands - when all have open hearts and focused hands - do indeed make light work.

With love,
Mrs. Crater

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Crater,
    Your day was truly an amazing and beautiful event. I was honored to stand behind you as you married the man of your dreams. Even more honored to be able to call you my sister. You are very correct in saying that your guests were excited to be there. EVERY one of them was beaming for the two of you. You and Brian surround yourselves with wonderful people, friends and family who's love and support you can feel and see in their every interaction with you both. Congratulations on your beautiful day and on the life you two have started together. I couldn't be more proud of the person you've become or the man you love.
    Love always,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete