Wednesday, February 8

Returning gifts.

As we found homes for gifts this new year, I couldn't help but be thankful for the generosity of those who surround us. In the past two years we have been recipients of the two greatest gifts - time and love - in abundance.

Looking back at the journey we've taken it would be impossible to thank all of the people that have helped us. We've been given a helping hand moving (multiple times), a place to live, help planning our wedding, preparing for Maggie, and a hand welcoming her into this world. I've enjoyed afternoons with friends, support at work, moments of understanding, and best of all, time with loved ones and friends.

I've asked myself a thousand times, how will I ever repay all that they have given? This thoughtfulness touches me in a way, for so long, I had not noticed.

It wasn't until recently that I understood what it means to get a birthday card sent out on time, not just remembering to say happy birthday, but to devote a bit of time to that person. As my life is full of love for so many, my goal for the year is to show how much I care as often as I can. And to pay forward the love they have shared with me.

So I thank you; and want you to know that it may be awhile before you are in need and I have the gift you need to receive - my strength to carry your furniture, my planning to throw your wedding, or advice on being a mother and a wife. But I will spread your love to others who need those gifts now; and in your honor, share the joy you have given me with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment